Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Craft Day!

Today was our annual craft day! We had a ton of fun and I love that I have girls who love crafting with me :) We added Mia this year and she did great considering that she slept most of the time so we could get so much accomplished!
Easy play-dough recipe that totally makes great dough! 2c. flour 2c. warm water 1c. salt 2tbs. oil and 1tbs cream of tarter. Combine in pan over low heat and stir til it becomes play-dough. Then I waited for it to cool and added food coloring and kneaded till combined.
Mia didn't really like to touch the dough but she did like sticking things in it! I will keep trying till she LOVES it.
Alexa loved play-dough when she was little and still will play with it for an hour if we had time :)
For some reason the girls decided that dressing up and making a video was part of craft day so we rolled with that (they are girls after my own heart :)




We made Tye-Dye shirts for the fair
They painted Dog houses
We also made canvases for their rooms. This was so awesome and took a lot of time but they are a great age for this cause they really wanted them to look good in their rooms. PS some of the paint is glow in the dark-and it even works!!!




2 comments:

Annie said...

You are officially the best nanny ever! Craft day rocks! I love all of your crafts, and I really love the picture of the girls dressed up. Mia looks so silly in her santa coat!
I totally want to make play-doh. Thanks for the recipe!

Meghan said...

yahhhh I finally have your link! thanks to heather's blog. ok, u have craft DAYS! you are just like meg from whatever :)